SOCIAL MEDIA

Saturday 8 December 2018

Recipe File:Cranberry and Pistachio White Chocolate Fudge


 December time is no holiday for me. Being as I am in the business of  Wedding Cakes and Wedding Season is from November- February in Goa.

So come Christmas time I'm in a mad rush to get all my Shopping, Decorating, School Concerts, pre-cooking etc. etc. done while  I simultaneously juggle creating 5- tiered sugar confections that have to be delivered in person at wedding venues all over Goa.

Needless to say that time is not my friend in December.

And every year I tell myself I'll just buy a bunch of ready made Traditional Goan Treats and sweets to distribute to my neighbours, family and friends for Christmas. And Every year I feel guilty about going the ready made route ( like its somehow cheating) and end up spending one mad day prepping all my Sweet treats in a go!

Last year I made Jeweled Fruitcake, Chocolate Walnut Brownies, Goan Coconut Bhaathk, Potato Bebinca, Marzipan pumpkins, Date and Chocolate Nut Balls, Goan Neureos  and Kulkuls, Jujubes, Coconut Barfi and Cranberry and Pistachio White Chocolate Fudge..All in one day.



It was in hectic and mad but admittedly I mostly chose to use recipes that are quick, fairly simple and  time effective!

And now I'm going to share two of my Christmas Treat Recipes with you!Huzzah!

Lets start here with;

CRANBERRY AND PISTACHIO WHITE CHOCOLATE FUDGE

Ingredients:
1 can sweetened condensed milk (400 ml)
500 gm slab of White Chocolate ( or compound) ,chopped( about 3 cups)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup dried cranberries, chopped

1/2 cup pistachios, chopped
Red and Green food Colouring ( optional)

Method:

Grease an 8-inch square pan or line with butter paper. 

Combine the sweetened condensed milk and chopped white chocolate in a Thick bottomed saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly. 

Mix until the chocolate has melted completely and the mixture is smooth and thick.

Once smooth and just a bit viscous, take off the heat and stir in the vanilla.

Then chuck in the cranberries and pistachios. And finally stir in the salted butter and stir well till fully incorporated.

Gently put in 1-2 drops of Green and Red food colouring and swirl to form a marbelized pattern ( Can be omitted).

 Pour mixture into the prepared pan and smooth the surface with a spatula or tap a few times on the counter till even.

 Refrigerate for 2-3 hours, or leave at room temperature overnight. 

Once set, lift the fudge out of the pan. Cut the fudge into 1-inch squares. Can be stored for about 8-10 days at room temperature.

Enjoy!

Post a Comment