SOCIAL MEDIA

Thursday 2 August 2018

Spice Up your Spice Rack with this Easy, Inexpensive and Quick DIY! Freebies included!



If you're a busy mom or home cook who wants to maximise the time you have to spend in the kitchen to prepare meals for your family, then organisation is key. A neat, tidy and orderly kitchen will ensure that you'll never be floundering looking for misplaced things.

As, my mum used to say "A place for everything and everything in it's place!"

For a while the small shelf meant for spices under my kitchen cabinets was one big mess! Packets and boxes of spices just stashed away in larger plastic containers that made accessing them a pain and they looked a right eyesore too.

So, I spent an afternoon making a bunch of labels, getting them printed on sticker paper at my local stationery and printing store and set about neatly labelling and arranging my spices. It's a world of difference, I promise you!



See? Now the husband can help himself without having to double check with me as well! Win-Win I say!

 The best part is that it's a really easy project that won't take much time, effort or money. Also I'm sharing, yes SHARING the labels I made and used here with you mogall Ixtt*! YAY! You'll find the link to download the same at the end of the post.

Once downloaded , take them to your local printer and have them printed out on a sheet of Sticker Paper . I had mine printed  at Classic Printers in Panjim. The sheet cost me Rs.30/-. You have to give the printer the size you'd prefer ( depending on your Jar sizes). I printed mine in 2"x 2" squares to fit my jars. I had these jars in surplus after ordering them in a big lot for another project ( Apple Chutney Favors/ Giveaways) from Arife LaMoulde in Panjim. They're Rs. 25/- a pc. But you can of course use your pre-existing ones.

So you'll need:
The labels on Sticker Paper
A Paper cutter and Scissors( if you've already got them pre-cut at the Printers then thats great too!
The Jars


Once you've cut the labels to size, peel off the back and carefully stick on the jars. Make sure the jars have been wiped down on the outside with a clean cloth dipped in very diluted vinegar water and air dried. And done!

See how they look up close.


Hope you enjoy making these as much as I enjoyed sharing these with you!

Love it!

Here is the link to download the labels for yourself:Spice Labels

Post a Comment