SOCIAL MEDIA

Wednesday 15 August 2018

OOTD- Shifts and Suede


I've always been a curvy girl. Even at my thinnest I've been amply blessed.

But with every pregnancy and life changing event,these "blessings" have grown. And before I could say "corset" my previously proportionate curves have gotten a little too generous. I'm officially a plus size now.

What hasn't changed however is my confidence( it was never tied to my size) or my love of putting together an outfit.

However, it's not the same for a lot of my ladies. The constant pressure to be skinny (but with abnormally large and magically perky breasts and bum) in the present times can be disheartening and ultimately detrimental to our mental health.

A lot of my plus sized sisters just stop caring about what they put on and end up having defeatist thoughts like " What use is it anyway?"

Just STOP.

You, whoever you are,You are worthy and deserving of looking good and feeling good about yourself.

Don't get me wrong, I'm no fashionista. My personal style is more classic and sedate. If you open my wardrobe you'll find tons of black, navy blue, grey, white and beige. There will be a few flashes and dashes of bright solid colours like Aqua, hot pink or a chirpy yellow but nothing too out there.
I believe in appropriate wear and dressing to an occasion and mostly, that less is more.I also love quietly quirky accessories.So, you will not find me following every micro-trend or putting together madly "creative" outfits. 

What I do hope to share with you though is resources for shopping Plus Size clothing.

Like for example, this lovely navy blue shift with scalloped sequin detailing that gives it a bit of Gatsby-ish dazzle. It has a a key hole back, sheer bishop sleeves and a relaxed fit.

Windy Day!
It's made by the brand DOROTHY PERKINS. 

DOROTHY PERKINS caters to plus sizes and has lovely dresses, tops and bottoms that come in sizes 18-28.

DOROTHY PERKINS also does pretty shoes and bags. The suede envelope clutch I'm carrying and my Black suede T-strap peep toe shoes with the block heel is also from them.



curled toes! haha

Light make up in Peach and Brown-Grey Tones

Bling rings and simple hoop earrings completed my Outfit Of The Day!

DOROTHY PERKINS retails on Online Shopping Site Jabong.Com and I can't sing more praises about Jabong! The shopping experience is superb there. Great customer service, Fast delivery, Constant updates and Easy returns.You can't ask for more.

This is what the Dress looked like on the site.


Of Course I've still got to learn to pose like that! haha

4 comments :

  1. Amen!Thank you for being you! Love this blog..keep em comin! Love Bianca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much B! Appreciate the encouragement!

      Delete