SOCIAL MEDIA

Saturday 29 September 2018

OOTD- Finding Great Jeans Despite Not Having Skinny Genes!

 When I was younger I immensely despised my immense hips!

My "Pereira Hips" as they're fondly refered to since they're a genetic legacy from my dad's family.

All my paternal aunt's have them and then I got them and have unwittingly passed on the torch of this dubious honour to my poor older daughter. Haha

In my teenage years, I used to think that wearing baggy jeans and loose trousers was the way to go. That it would hide my most displeasing ( at least to me) physical feature. But now in hindsight I think I just made it worse!

Now in my mid thirties I wish I had the hips of my youth because after two children and the weight gain, my hips are now of "can apply for their own pincode" proportions.. there's no escaping from them!

But inversely I also find as I grow older I get more forgiving of my body, more accepting and more grateful. These hips accommodated my babies, these hips carried my toddlers for hours as I went about my work, these hips still sway with feminine charm and these hips while they're far from perfect are what make me, ME.



One thing that hasn't changed over the years though, is the hunt for well fitting jeans. 

A task that is more daunting for me because while my hips and thighs are generously made on one hand, my ankles and calves on the other are absurdly dainty. 

 But after searching for a while I've found some brands, that are a boon to plus size girls. 

My top favourites are from DOROTHY PERKINS ( available on jabong.com) , GIA- Curves and SASSY SODA ( Both available at Westside ). They come in sizes up to 4xl.

The fit on these three brands is perfect for larger hipped or bigger bottomed girls. 



I'm wearing my jeans from GIA here along with a t-shirt that I picked up from street shopping abroad.

 The gentle U-Curve on the slightly flared Tee is always flattering for wider hips. Accessorized with two toned platform sandals ( doing a post for great shoe resources soon!) And my oversized black tote!

My quick easy tip for instantly feeling glam and dressy? Paint your toe nails red! 

Always perks me up!

Post a Comment